Heritage Oaks Hospital provides acute inpatient and outpatient psychiatric services and dual diagnosis services to adults ages 18 and older suffering from mental health disorders and/or mental health disorders coupled with substance abuse problems. Our clinical team is led by Medical Director Joseph Sison, MD. Our clinical staff includes physicians, nurses, therapists, social workers and trained mental health professionals, providing assessment, diagnosis and rapid stabilization of acute psychiatric and/or substance abuse problems. Once treatment has begun, we focus on a smooth transition to less intensive, appropriate levels of follow-up care and support.
Our goal is to help adults suffering from psychiatric, emotional, behavioral and substance abuse related problems and issues. We provide treatment programs to help patients stabilize and improve their clinical status. We work closely with referral sources, families, insurance companies and community agencies to return adults to their daily activities in their homes, among their families and in their work environments.
Inpatient services include:
- Assessment, diagnosis and rapid stabilization of acute psychiatric and/or substance abuse issues
- Structured, therapeutic environment that meets the needs of acute conditions and problems
- Focused on smooth transition to less intensive, appropriate levels of follow-up care and support
- Psychiatrist-led multi-disciplinary treatment team of clinicians provides multi-modal psychotherapeutic treatment
- Medical evaluation by board certified internist
- Substance abuse counseling and educational groups
- Coordination and discharge planning with families or other caregivers, community agencies and insurance companies
Following inpatient care, individuals may begin outpatient treatment through The Oaks outpatient centers.