Heritage Oaks Hospital offers a full continuum of inpatient and outpatient psychiatric care for seniors age 62 and over. Our comprehensive program is designed to treat the complex psychiatric and substance abuse problems of older adults with primary psychiatric disorders including Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar disorder and Schizophrenia.
Patients who are medically stable, cognitively intact, able to participate in and benefit from treatment will gain insight and tools to help restore, maintain and enhance their quality of life. Heritage Oaks Hospital is a Medicare provider. We also have contracts with most commercial health insurance plans and Medicare HMOs.
Inpatient Service Highlights
- Structured, therapeutic environment
- Assessment, diagnosis and rapid stabilization of acute psychiatric and/or substance abuse issues
- Focused on smooth transition to less intensive, appropriate levels of follow-up care and support
- Medical evaluation by board certified internist
- Psychiatrist-led multi-disciplinary treatment team of clinicians provides multi-modal psychotherapeutic treatment that addresses issues specific to our senior patients
- Substance abuse counseling and educational groups
- Coordination and discharge planning with families or other caregivers, community agencies and insurance companies
Outpatient services are provided through The Oaks outpatient centers.