Inpatient Services for Teens
Led by Program Director Dr. Alexander Hazel, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and mental health professional staff members including registered nurses, master’s level therapists, and trained mental health counselors, Heritage Oaks Hospital provides inpatient care to teens, ages 13-17. Services begin with an initial assessment, diagnosis and rapid stabilization of acute psychiatric and/or substance abuse problems, followed by a smooth transition to less intensive, appropriate levels of follow-up care and support for the teen.
What to expect during inpatient treatment:
- Structured, therapeutic environment
- Intensive physician involvement and oversight
- Individualized treatment planning
- Therapeutic groups and educational classes addressing co-occurring psychiatric and substance use disorders
- Coordination and discharge planning with outpatient services, community providers, outside agencies, family members and your insurance provider
If your teen requires inpatient treatment at Heritage Oaks Hospital, please contact us today.
Outpatient Services for Teens
For teens suitable for treatment in a less restrictive environment, our evening Intensive Outpatient Program is offered three nights a week at Roseville Oaks Outpatient Behavioral Health Center. Our goal is to effectively treat adolescents suffering from psychiatric, emotional, behavioral and substance abuse related problems and issues, who do not require an inpatient level of care. We help them to improve their clinical status, regain their quality of life and return to daily activities in their homes, among their families and in their school environments. For more information about enrolling in the Evening IOP for Adolescents, please call (916) 784-2626.