Before your visit, please take a moment to review the information below:
- The care of the patients (and their identity) at this facility is considered highly confidential and protected by Federal Laws., and you are expected to respect all patients’ confidentiality at all times.
- All public areas of the Hospital are monitored by surveillance.
- Contraband is not permitted in the facility (for example: lighters, cigarettes, sharp objects, medications – over the counter as well as prescription medications, etc.). Any contraband brought into the facility will be confiscated by staff.
- Only pre-packaged, unopened food items are permitted in the Facility. Please limit the amount of food for the patient to what can be consumed in one day.
- If you are in possession of illegal substances, or any items deemed dangerous, illegal or restricted by law in the state of California, you will be asked to leave immediately and the authorities may be contacted.
- The use of cell phones, cameras or other recording devices/equipment while visiting is prohibited. Any violations of patient confidentiality will not be tolerated and the authorities will be contacted.
- Inappropriate touching, language, verbal/physical violence, threatening behaviors, etc. is not permitted and your visitation rights may be revoked if you engage in any of the aforementioned behaviors.
- Please limit the amount of belongings you bring in for the patient, as space is limited. If the patient has excessive belongings and/or valuables, visitors are encouraged to take these items home.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring any personal items into visiting areas. Please leave all belongings in your car or hospital locker. Heritage Oaks Hospital does not accept responsibility for your personal items.
- If any of the above mentioned guidelines are NOT followed, or if the visit is deemed to be detrimental (harmful) to the patient and his/her therapeutic needs, if you are disruptive, or upon request by the patient, you may be asked to leave and visiting maybe prohibited in the future.
Daily Visiting Hours
Visiting hours are listed below. Please click here for a printable version of our visitation schedule.
3W (in the cafeteria) Daily: 2:00pm-2:45pm
3E (in the cafeteria) Daily: 2:00pm-2:45pm
Unit 2W (in the 2nd floor lobby) Daily: 2:00pm-2:45pm
Unit 1, 2 (in the cafeteria) Daily: 4:00pm-4:45pm
Unit 3 (in the Gym) Daily: 4:00pm – 4:45pm
Unit 2E (in the cafeteria) Daily: 4:00pm-4:45pm
The following items are not permitted at Heritage Oaks Hospital. Download this list here.
Please do not bring any of the following prohibited items with you:
- Ace bandages
- Alcohol (including any items containing alcohol)
- All size bags, bags with handles/straps
- Any plastic
- Any strings
- Belts Boots/Shoes with heels
- Canes/Walkers (physician order required)
- Chewing gum
- Cigarettes (including electronic cigarettes) and tobacco
- Clothing with strings
- Dental floss
- Elastic bands/Bracelets/Hair Bands/Large Hair Ties
- Energy Drinks
- Hair dryer/Curling iron
- Halter tops/Overalls
- Long socks
- Metal Cans (shaving cream/hair sprays)
- Paper clips
- Paracord bracelets, key chains, etc.
- Pencils with metal
- Prescription and illicit drugs
- Radio/I-Pod/Laptop/Cell phones/Cameras
- Reading material with nudity/semi-nudity
- Sharp Objects (tweezers, scissors, nails clippers, safety pins)
- Shower scrubbies
- Spiral notebook
- Stuffed animals
- Weapons of any kind
Additionally, please note:
- Only pre-packaged food is permitted
- No food allowed in patient rooms
- Valuables will be placed in the safe
- All meds including OTC must be turned into the nurse
This list is not all-inclusive. Items will be evaluated and if not permitted, explanation will be provided.